Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Spectacular Les Reed

Daughter Of Darkness
Delilah
The Spectacular Les Reed
The Les Reed Orchestra & Chorus
Arrangers: Les Reed, Colin Frechter and Pete Smith
Chapter 1 / London
Stereo/BP 3900475
1972

Book-fold jacket with photo of Reed printed on the inside. Sonically solid early 70s light pop set.

From Billboard - May 27, 1972: The composer of such hits as "It's Not Unusual," "Delilah," "Les Bicyclettes de Belsize," "Daughter Of Darkness," and many more offers a strong two-record set of his material played by an enormous big band that truly does justice to the exceptional song matter. Tremendous programming material that should induce sales action.

It's Not Unusual
Daughter Of Darkness
Baby, I Won't Let You Down
If We Lived On Top Of A Mountain
There's a Kind Of Hush
Colour Me
I'm Coming Home
Highways And Byways
I Pretend
Everybody Knows
I've Got My Eyes On You
Love Is All
Les Bicyclettes De Belsize
Winter World Of Love
Delilah
Kiss My Goodbye
Here It Comes Again
When There's No You
The Last Waltz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!