Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, December 26, 2014

The Living Strings Play The Very Lively Music Of The Monkees

Steppin' Stone
The Living Strings Play The Very Lively Music Of The Monkees
Arranged and Conducted by Johnny Douglas
Produced by Ethel Gabriel
RCA Camden CAS-2148
1967

I have to hand it to the arranger, Johnny Douglas, for he somehow managed to blend Monkees tunes and strings together to form a decent easy/light pop album with a fun late 60s groove.

The project is helped along by strong studio guitar work that could be attributed to Mottola or Caiola… Just a guess on my part, but the work sounds familiar to me.

For a less successful blend, but no less interesting Living Voices, check out Positively 4th Street and Other Message Folk Songs.

The Monkees
Steppin' Stone
When Love Comes Knockin'
Last Train To Clarksville
I Wanna Be Free
The Kind Of Girl I Could Love
Take A Giant Step
Mary, Mary
She
I'm A Believer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!