Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Time After Time - Chris Montez

Time After Time
Chris Montez
A&M Records A&M 120
1966

From the back cover: A premier sound of casual discipline, effortless phrasing and contemporary good humor. Blended with Nick DeCaro's sparkling arrangements.

This is the second Montez album I've found. Both feature Montez's breathy vocals backed by jazzy space age arrangements. Unusual and terrific all the way through.

Time After Time
I Wish You Love
Sunny
Keep Talkin'
Our Day Will Come
The Girl From Ipanema
Lil' Red Riding Hood
Going Out Of My Head
What A Diff'rence A Day Makes
Elena
Yesterday
Just Friends

1 comment:

  1. I only found out about Chris Montez a year ago. I find Nick DeCaro's arrangements and Chris' voice uplifting. I enjoy perusing your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!