Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mood For 12 - Paul Weston

My Funny Valentine
Mood For 12
Hi-Fi From Hollywood
Paul Weston And His Orchestra
Columbia Records CL 693
1954

Nice smooth mood music set with a hint of swing. Album featuring solos by the musicians listed on the cover.

From the back cover: As you will notice the selection of music gives a line-up of real "American" tunes... most of them associated with the Hoagy Carmichael-midwestern school of music. The main difference between this mood music and the type currently being recorded is that these sides also feature improvisation by a soloist...

It's The Talk Of The Town
I'm Comin' Virginia
Memories Of You
Nice Work If You Can Get It
My Funny Valentine (Guitar solo by Barney Kessel)
Emaline
Skylark
Judy
Louisiana
Georgia On My Mind
Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea
Confessin'

2 comments:

  1. I'm just getting into the early Weston and appreciate this sample. I'm not sure I could have heard it any other way!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!