Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Solid Brass - Don Marsh

I Feel Good
Solid Brass
The Don Marsh Orchestra
Impact Records R3466
1977

This LP is actually a gospel album, on a gospel label. Normally, I feature gospel albums on my blog, The Good Bad And Ugly Gospel Barn. However, this record doesn't fit the Southern Gospel mold I've established on that blog. While I've been collecting, I haven't found but one or two brass based Gospel albums. So I thought the record would be more appreciated here.

Aside from the song titles, you can't tell this record apart from other better budget vintage 70s brass albums. The quality is very good. You still have to appreciate that 70s light pop brass vibe to get into the sound.

Jesus Got Ahold O' My Life
Give Them All To Jesus
All In The Name Of Jesus
I Feel Good
Little Flowers
More Each Day
Learning To Lean
Lift Him Up
The Son Is Shining

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!