Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Electronomusic 9 Images - John Pfeiffer

Forests
Electronomusic
9 Images
Composition and Instrumentation by John Pfeiffer
Victrola VICS-1371
1968

As a kid I was very much impressed by the movie Forbidden Planet. If fact, the movie is still one of my favorite films for art direction, effects and soundtrack. I hear aspects of that soundtrack in this work.

Pfeiffer apparently invented the processes and or instruments used on this album. Read his wiki profile for more information.

I will say that a number of tracks feature a unique "tempo" or "structure" that seems to set those tracks apart from the more moody 60s electronic sound I enjoy so.

However, by way of sample, I have to go with the track titled Forests rather than one of the debatably more uniquely structured pieces I just mentioned.

Side one

Warm-up Canon and Peace
For Inhamonic Side-Band

Reflection of a String
For Contraformer

Drops
For Programmer and Sines

Moments
Events for Parametric Blocks

Side two

Forests
Modes for Alphormer and Set

Pavone
A Doutonic Transform

Orders
For Sequentail Sines

After Hours
For Ordered Simpliformer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!