Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

Freddie Scott - I Shall Be Released

With A Little Help From My Friends
Freddie Scott
I Shall Be Released
Produced by Freddie Scott and Tommy Kaye
Command/Probe ABC Records
CPLP-4517-S
1970

This is a fine soul album with a pop edge which I was going to enjoy, but not blog as I thought the vibe would not work here. The songs are arranged in a unique way to help showcase the Scott's sound. Nice. But when I listened to the trippy track (as posted above) I had to share it. What a great blend of songs and just a fine spaced-out interpretation.

Read about Scott on his wiki page.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this! After George Harrison passed away, the Beatlefest folks did a Harrison tribute concert, and Freddie Scott performed "Something". He was just tremendous, absolutely the highlight of the night. Don't know if he ever recorded that one, but clearly he had a way with all things Fab.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!