Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Myron Floren - Dizzy Fingers

April In Portugal
Myron Floren
Dizzy Fingers
Pickwick International
SPC-3142

Myron Floren was best know as the accordionist on The Lawrence Welk Show between 1950 and 1982.

I've got several albums produced by members of The Welk Family. On these albums, the artists step outside of their "musical" Welk Show roles to experiment a little.

This is one of those albums. Overall the tracks are great space age fun.

Dizzy Fingers
Volare
Wabash Blues
Everything's Coming Up Roses
April In Portugal
I Could Have Danced All Night
Misty
Canadian Capers
Sabre Dance

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard this version, it's beautiful. Looking for M. Floren's music I enter your site. Can you share any track of Myron Floren's "Great Accordion Hits"? Particularly I'm looking for "Canadian Sunset". I had the album, but the quality and not having where to play it, because needles are not available anymore make me to look this music on blogs. There is no cd available. It's a pity not having the chance to hear this fantastic music again. Greetings from Chillan, Chile.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!